The following items will test your grasp of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct answer
for each item. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows.
Situation: You have been assigned the task of selecting a storage site for ammunition.
1. Why is a vehicle trains holding area established in an ammunition storage area?
To store captured ammunition.
Vehicle maintenance area.
To reduce congestion.
To store nonexplosive ammunition.
2. What is an advantage of using the modular system for ammunition storage?
Reduces internal roadnet needs.
Requires more engineer support.
Prevents the spread of fire between cells.
Increased danger from indirect fire.
3. What is the minimum distance required between inhabited areas and the sling-out area?
4. What is required in an ASP for traffic control?
Two way roads for increased speed.
One way roads for safety.
Minimum pedestrian traffic.
5. What is the purpose of the Demolition Area?
Destroy unserviceable ammunition.
Store nonexplosive ammunition.
Segregate hazardous ammunition.
Store blasting caps and C4.
6. Which factor determines the type and amount of ammunition to be stored at your ASP?
Amount of ammunition needed to support units in your area of responsibility for the required number of
B. Determined by the Company Commander.
C. The TOE of the supported units.
D. The type and amount of ammunition needed for 45 to 60 days of fighting in an offensive combat