(14) Disconnect and
(A8) from directional
(15) Repeat steps (8) through (13) above.
(16) Deenergize the power bridge and connect the equipment as shown in
Figure 11, connection C.
(17) Energize the bridge.
(18) Repeat steps (7) through (15) above, substituting the TI for the
thermistor mount (A8). Record the voltmeter readings as V2 and V2.
(19) Solve the following equation:
V1 and V1 =
average of the voltmeter readings applicable to thermistor
V2 and V2 =
average of the voltmeter readings applicable to the TI.
percent, multiply the result by 100. The result will be within 3 percent of
the calibration factor indicated on the TI.
(21) Repeat (1) through (20) above for other required frequencies.
Now that you understand the measurement techniques used so make power
measurements you will be able to make microwave power measurements in the
future using appropriate procedures. The knowledge you have gained during the
study of this subcourse has given you a foundation on which to build.
Additional experience gained in the field and additional knowledge which you
gain from technical publications will enable you to become an expert in