i. Remarks. Enter the SSA/ASP or other activity to which the form is to be sent.
j. Unit Identification Code. Enter the assigned UIC.
k. DODAAC/Account Number. Enter the unit Department of Defense Activity Address Code
l. Last Name - First Name - Middle Initial. Enter the commander's name.
m. Grade. Enter the commander's rank.
n. Telephone Number. Enter the commander's telephone number.
o. Expiration Date. Enter an expiration date. The expiration date may not exceed one year from
the date this form is prepared. Commander should review this form at least quarterly and should submit
a new DA Form 1687 anytime a person listed on this card departs the unit.
p. Signature. The commander signs this block.
NOTE: All entries, except the signature and initials, will be either printed in ink or typewritten.
The signature and initials will be written in ink.
6. The SSA/ASP now edits the DA Form 581 to ensure that the unit has properly prepared the DA Form
581. Special attention should be given to Block 10b ensuring that the unit has properly identified the
7. The SSA/ASP now determines if the issue is routine or immediate.
a. Routine issues request ammunition for pickup on a specific required delivery date (RDD). This
date is normally entered in Block 11 of the DA Form 581. Most peacetime issues are routine and
normally involve two actions.
(1) The first action establishes a due-out for the requested stocks. To accomplish this the SSA
assigns an SSA voucher number, and posts the request to the due-out record. The SSA voucher number
is entered in Block 2 of the DA 581.
(2) The second action establishes a suspense date a given number of days prior to the RDD.
Local Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) establishes the number of days, which is normally one to