The following exercise will test your grasp of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct answer
for each item. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows. If
you answer any item incorrectly, study again that part of the lesson that contains the portion involved.
Situation. SAAS-1/3 has sent you an XBT LTD requirement to prepare for shipment 1,680 rounds of C256,
cartridge, 81mm HE. The NSN 1315-00-935-1930 has been selected for shipment. When the DA Form 3151-R
was sent to the surveillance section, it was returned with the remark that the ammunition needed to be palletized
in accordance with DARCOM Drawing 19-48-4116-20PA1002. The questions below must be answered in order
to ensure that sufficient supplies are on hand to perform the operation. Use the extract from DAR-COM Drawing
19-48-4116-20PA1002 in the appendix at the back of this subcourse (Page A-52) to answer questions 1 through
1. Which appendix from DARCOM Drawing 19-48-4116-20PA1002 is used to plan quantities of material
required for palletization?
2. What will be the height of the assembled pallet?
38 5/8 inches.
41 1/4 inches.
52 1/4 inches.
3. How many load straps (15 foot 4 inches long) are required per pallet?
4. How many pallets will be required to ship 900 rounds of 81mm cartridges?
5. How many feet of steel strapping will be required to ship 900 rounds of 81mm cartridges?