d. requires no load resistor.
3. Which component of an ac power supply provides a constant minimum load for
the power supply?
c. Bleeder resistor
b. Input choke
d. Filter capacitor
Exercises 4 thru 10 are based on the receiver circuit shown in figure 206, TM
4. Three stages in this receiver use ganged tuning so as to achieve tracking.
These three stages are the
a. mixer, local oscillator, and IF amplifier.
b. RF amplifier, mixer, and local oscillator.
5. Variations in circuit constants of the local oscillator require that minor
adjustments be made to assure high-frequency and low-frequency tracking.
6.Assume that you have tuned the receiver to a broadcast station transmitting on
1,410 kHz, and that the IF is 455 kHz.
What is the frequency of the local
a. 910 kHz
c. 1,410 kHz
b. 955 kHz
d. 1,865 kHz
7. The AVC voltage is developed across resistor
8. The function of potentiometer R18 is to
a. vary the tone quality.
b. control the output volume.