Figure 12. Document loading/unloading.
(5) Move STOP handle (19, Figure 6) to position flashing lamp just to the left of last portion
of the test image. Squeeze and move carriage START handle (18) to position the flashing lamp just to
the right of first part of test image. Press and release PAPER RELEASE lever (20) to start margin lamps
flashing again, if necessary.
(6) Press LOAD switch. Verify that drum rotates forward, wraps test image copy and output
copyset around drum, stops in home (locked) position, and margin lamps go out.
(7) Set ANLG/AULG(V) DIGITAL, HI RES LO SP/HI SP LO RES, and GRAY B/W
switches (4, 5, and 6 (Figure 6)) respectively to up positions.
(8) Actuate SELF-TEST switch (7) and verify that both SEND and RCV indicators (12 and
14) light and drum rotates forward. Carriage assembly starts to scan test image and prints test image on
output copyset together with test marks.
(9) Verify that test image copy and output copyset automatically unload when carriage
START handle reaches carriage STOP handle.