(10) Press PAPER RELEASE lever and remove output copyset and test image copy from
(11) Verify that test image copy is not marred or smeared, and that test image on output copy
is normal. If abnormal, perform troubleshooting procedures in Chapter 3 of TM 11-5815-615-10. If
still abnormal, refer condition to unit maintenance personnel for further disposition. Normal conditions
for the test image are as follows:
(a) Three test stripes are straight and printed on left-hand margin of image.
(b) Test stripes are parallel and not skewed with respect to test image copy.
(c) Test image is legible and density is consistent over entire image area.
(d) Test image is lighter than normal received copy.
d. Mode B self-test operation. A self-test should be performed on a daily basis, prior to
operation. It may also be used for performance testing and trouble analysis following installation, when
marginal operation is suspected, or following maintenance. Perform a self-test or copying function
using the following procedures:
(1) Install jumper plug assembly on signal connector J1 (Figure 7) or have I/O cable
(2) Set MODE/DATA FORMAT switch (8, Figure 6) to any position except MODE A.
(3) Set PUSH FOR ON power switch (2) to ON position and verify that POWER ON
indicator (1) lights. ERROR indicator (3) flashes then goes out. Other indicators also come on and go
off indicating built-in diagnostic test is being performed.
(4) Press PAPER RELEASE lever (20) firmly. Insert any suitable test image copy (or page
to be reproduced when using as a copier) face up on drum, then release lever. Margin lamps flash for
two seconds maximum.
(5) Move STOP handle (19) to position flashing lamp just to the left of last portion of the
image to be reproduced. Squeeze and move carriage START handle (18) to position the flashing lamp
just to the right of the first part of the image. Press the PAPER RELEASE lever (20) to start margin
lamps flashing again, if necessary.