9. Telephone Set TA-1/PT has an audible signal and a visual signal for incoming calls. When the visual
indicator has been actuated, it can be reset by
a. pressing the generator lever.
b. depressing the press-to-talk switch.
c. short-circuiting the line binding posts.
d. rotating the buzzer control knob to OFF.
10. The generator lever on Telephone Set TA-1/PT is operated by a pumping action to deliver a ringing signal
to the distant party. This lever should be released during transmission to
a. disconnect the buzzer from the line.
b. disconnect the receiver from the line.
c. disconnect the generator from the line.
11. One precaution that should be observed while the generator lever is being used to signal the operator is
a. visual indicator should be unoperated.
b. press-to-talk switch should be released
c. buzzer volume control knob should be at OFF.
buzzer volume control knob should be set to LOUD.
12. When the receiver of Telephone Set TA-1/PT is out of order and the transmitter is used for listening, one
exception to the normal operating procedure must be observed. This exception in the use of the press-to-talk
switch requires the switch to be
a. operated while receiving.
b. unoperated while receiving.
c. operated while transmitting.
d. unoperated while transmitting.
13. Because of the lack of tools and materials, repairs to Telephone Set TA-1/PT by the operator or
organizational maintenance man are limited to minor repairs. However, one maintenance function for which the
organizational maintenance man is responsible is the