3. The purpose of the INT-EXT switch on Telephone Set TA-312/PT is to
a. select internal or external battery supply.
b. select common-battery or local-battery operation.
c. signal the operator during local-battery operation.
d. connect the telephone handset or the handset-headset.
4. The type of telephone system that requires the use of the hand generator in Telephone Set TA-312/PT for
signaling the operator is the
a. local-battery system.
b. common-battery system.
c. point-to-point system.
d. common-battery-signaling system.
5. The handset of Telephone Set TA-312/PT contains a press-to-talk switch. This switch must be operated
during transmission when the telephone is used for
a. local-battery or common-battery operation.
b. local-battery or common-battery-signaling operation.
c. common-battery or common-battery-signaling operation.
d. local-battery, common-battery, or common-battery-signaling operation.
6. "Ring-off" is an operational procedure that is used to signify the end of a call. It is used when a field
telephone is connected to a
a. local-battery switchboard.
b. common-battery switchboard.
c. common-battery-signaling switchboard.
7. If the common-battery operation of a TA-312/PT is unsatisfactory because of the length of the line loop,
the recommended method of improving transmission is to operate the telephone as
a. an amplifier telephone.
b. a local-battery telephone.