(8) Coordinates requirements, initiates requisitions, and assures
availability of a maintenance shop stock of repair parts for use in
maintenance support operations. Provides the Technical Supply Branch with
complete data on all parts used in the base TMDE calibration and repair
(9) Provides technical data required for estimated cost of damage
(ECOD), estimated cost of repair (ECOR), and reports of survey.
j. AACL Operations.
(1) Repairs instruments that require AACL calibration.
(2) Coordinates requirements, initiates requisitions, and assures
availability of a maintenance shop stock and bench stock of repair parts for
(3) Performs organizational maintenance on AACL measurement standards
and associated equipment.
(4) Insures instruments repaired by the AACL are calibrated after
repairs are accomplished.
k. Area TMDE Support Operations.
This operation provides ATST
calibration and repair services throughout the support area of the ACRC.
The ATST may be operated as fixed facilities, as mobile support teams, or as
a fixed facility with mobile support team capability.
The types and
quantities of ATST's are dependent on workload although the functions of
each ATST are similar. Where there is a difference, it is related to the
fixed as opposed to mobile operations. Calibration support is based on TMDE
identified in TB 43-180 are requiring calibration by an ATST. Maintenance
support provided by ATST's encompasses instruments identified in TB 43-180
as requiring ATST calibration.
The repair support provided by the mobile
support team may be less extensive than fixed facility ATST. This is due to
the limited space available on the mobile vans for a complete maintenance
shop stock of repair parts and the requirement to adhere to a schedule for
calibration support. ATST also provide repair support for TMDE-GP that does
not required calibration. Support services are as follows: