a. Instrument Owners/Users.
(1) Preventive maintenance will be scheduled and accomplished in
accordance with the technical manual (or manufacturer's manual) for the
instrument. DD Form 314, Preventive Maintenance Schedule and Record, will
be maintained and used as outlined in TM 38-750. When locally determined to
be advantageous, accomplishment of organizational maintenance (other than
preventive maintenance) may be recorded in the "Remarks" block of DD Form
When an automated system is used to schedule and record preventive
maintenance, DD Form 314 is not required.
(2) When an instrument is turned in for repair, the owner/user will
fill out and tie a DA Form 2402, Exchange Tag, to each instrument. Local
SOP will indicate which additional form will be used when an unserviceable
instrument is turned in for repair.
(3) When an instrument is turned in for repair, the owner/user will
retain Section 4 of the DA Form 2402. The reverse side of Section 4 (Blocks
35 and 36) must be signed and dated by the receiving individual of the
supporting maintenance activity. Section 4 is a receipt for the instrument
owner/user. When the repair service is completed, the instrument owner/user
must exchange the Section 4 receipt for the instrument.
(4) When an instrument become unserviceable during use, the
owner/user must contact the supporting maintenance activity.
maintenance activity will provide advice on where repair will be
(5) When instruments have been turned in for scheduled cyclic
calibration service, and repair is necessary, no immediate action is
required by the owner/user.
Follow-up action should be taken when repair
and return is not accomplished in a reasonable time.
(6) Some instruments are critical to a support mission, and when
unserviceable, could prevent the mission from being completed.
them to a serviceable condition. The owner/user must notify the supporting
maintenance activity that the instrument is critical to the mission; utilize
the correct issue priority designator on the DA Form 2402; and request
expedited repair and return, or a replacement from direct exchange stocks.
(7) Periodic "status-of-repair" follow-up action should be taken by
the owners/users of instruments evacuated to an ATST or an ACRC for repair.
(8) The use of DA Form 2407 to request TMDE maintenance support from
an ATSS unit or request TMDE-SP support from a DS/GS unit will be