determined by local regulations.
DA Forms 2407 are not required when
turning in TMDE for calibration or repair by an ATST or ARAC.
(9) Determine the types and quantities of TMDE on hand by conducting
a physical inventory, reviewing property records, and reviewing the
equipment authorization documents.
The TMDE that require calibration and
those that do not must be identified by reviewing TB 43-180, Calibration
Requirements for the Maintenance of Army Materiel; TB 43-181, Calibration
Workload Requirements in Table of Organization and Equipment (TOE) and Sets,
Kits, and Outfits, or TB 43-182 series Calibration Workload Requirements in
Unit Identification Codes (UIC).
(10) Initially identify all TMDE on hand to the supporting calibration
activity by completing Block 1 through 4, 7 through 11, 31 and 32 of DA form
2416 for each TMDE or, by providing a list of TMDE with the same
Each TMDE identification will include a statement that
calibration is or is not required.
The statement must be entered in the
"Remarks" block, if the DA Form 2416 is used.
(11) Insure the supporting calibration activity's IMRF reflects an
accurate, complete, and up-to-date inventory of TMDE. Thereafter, the TMDE
owner/user must provide the supporting calibration maintenance activity with
changes, additions, and deletions as changes in their TMDE inventory occur.
(12) Insure that TMDE submitted for calibration or repair is complete
(manufacturer's manual) and that a completed DA Form 2402 is tied to the
These TMDE will be delivered to and picked up at the site where
calibration and repair service is to be provided.
(1) The procedures outlined in paragraph a above, will be followed
for organic TMDE.
(2) Repair support will be provided for organic and supported units'
TMDE-SP, and in the case of ATSS units, supported TMDE.
(3) Upon receipt of TMDE-SP turned in for repair, the owner/user must
have completed and attached a DA Form 2402 to each TMDE-SP.
The DA Form
2402 should be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. Blocks 35 and 36 on
the reverse side of Section 4 must be dated and signed by the individual
authorized to receive the TMDE-SP for repair. Section 4 is to be given to
the owner/user as a receipt for the instrument.
(4) When a DS unit evacuates a TMDE-SP to a GS unit for support, the
TMDE-SP owner must be advised when and where the TMDE-SP is