(5) Remove control level extension from cab (right side of companion
seat) and install on control levers (5) at van rear.
(6) To open powerlift gate (13), move opening and closing control
lever (17) at van rear toward rear of vehicle.
Lift gate will stop
automatically when fully open.
(7) To lower power lift gate.
Move lever (18) momentarily toward
front of vehicle to release safety lock, then toward rear of vehicle. Lift
gate will stop automatically at ground level.
(8) Depress clutch pedal (12), move PTO control lever (9) back to
DISENGAGE position and apply safety latch.
Release clutch pedal and stop
(9) Install ladders at van rear by putting ladder hooks (14) in slots
in angle brackets mounted on rear of van below doors.
GATE MAY BE OPERATED FROM EITHER SIDE.
(10) To elevate lift gate remove ladders, push powering and elevating
(17) lever FORWARD toward the front of the truck. The gate may be stopped
at any desired position. When the gate reaches complete elevated position,
the lever returns to neutral and the gate is automatically safety-locked
(11) To close liftgate move opening and closing lever (12) at van rear
toward front of vehicle. Lift gate (13) will swing up and lock in vertical
position when platform is fully closed.
(12) Stow ladders (15) on rear of power lift gate (13) and secure with
chained eyebolts (16).
(13) Stow control lever extension in cab compartment, at rightside of
(14) For auxiliary electric power operation when the engine is not
running, use switch on the inside right rear wall of the body to activate
the electric pump.
Gate must be lowered by engine power and the doors opened to gain
access to the switch.
(15) The following precautions must be observed during operation of
(a) Do not operate power takeoff (PTO) and electric driven pumps