(5) Budget for funds and provide standards, facilities, and test
measuring equipment in support of internal mission activity.
nonavailability before budgeting for equipment and initiating procurement.
c. Primary reference standards facilities.
reference standards facilities have the following responsibilities:
(1) Maintain the highest level of accuracy within the Army
calibration system and insure that a minimum of one set of these standards
is maintained at the standards facility in a state of certified accuracy at
(3) Are responsible for repair of all primary standards, associated
(4) Insure certification of primary standards by the National Bureau
of Standards in accordance with schedules established by AMCC and National
Bureau of Standards.
(5) Establish schedules, calibrate and repair secondary reference
standards and other standards in accordance with appropriate technical
Annotates DA Form 2416 in accordance with TB 750-25-1 or TM
38-750 for each item calibrated.
(6) Insure that certificates and/or test reports are prepared and
that certification labels or red tags are applied in accordance with
pertinent regulations for each standard calibrated and/or repaired.
(7) Provide calibration and repair service for those items within an
assigned area that cannot be certified by lower level standards.
(8) Provide technical assistance, as required.
determine special requirements, and resolve problems pertaining to
calibration standards and facilities, or as directed by AMCC.
d. Area TMDE Calibration and Repair Center. Area TMDE calibration and
repair centers are assigned the following responsibilities:
(1) Maintain area calibration laboratories (ACL) utilizing secondary