(3) When a TMDE is turned in for calibration or repair, the
owner/user will retain section 4 of the DA Form 2402. The reverse side of
section 4 (blocks 35 and 36) must be signed and dated by the individual
4 is a receipt for the TMDE owner/user.
When the calibration or repair
service is completed, the TMDE owner/user must exchange the section 4
receipt for the instrument.
(4) When a TMDE becomes unserviceable during use, the owner/user must
contact the supporting calibration and repair activity.
activity will provide advice on where repair will be accomplished, and the
owner/user must transport the TMDE to that location or retain the
unserviceable TMDE until the next scheduled cyclic calibration and repair
(5) When TMDE is turned in for scheduled cyclic calibration service,
and repair is necessary, no immediate action is required by the owner/user.
Follow-up action should be taken when repair and return is not accomplished
in accordance with priority requirements.
(6) Some TMDE are critical to a support mission, and when
unserviceable, could prevent the mission from being accomplished.
them to a serviceable condition. The owner/user must notify the supporting
calibration and repair activity that the TMDE is critical to the mission;
utilize the correct issue priority designator on the DA Form 2402; and
request expedited repair and return, or a replacement from operational
readiness floats or direct exchange stocks. Items with an IPD of 01-08 must
be authenticated by the unit commander or acting commander in the absence of
(7) Periodic "status-of-repair" follow-up action should be taken by
the owners/users of TMDE evacuated to a fixed-facility ATST or an ACRC for
f. DS/GS/AVIM Units.
(1) The procedures outlined in e above will be followed for organic
supported units' TMDE-SP identified in TB 43-180-1 for DS/GS/AVIM unit
(3) Upon receipt of TMDE-SP turned in for calibration or repair, the
owner/user must have completed and attached a DA Form 2402 to each TMDE-SP.
The DA Form 2402 should be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. Blocks
35 and 36 on the reverse side of section 4 must be