2. The TAMIS files are updated by source data input, provided directly to HQDA by each MACOM,
and installation Supply Support Activity (SSA)/Ammunition Supply Point. The TAMIS data base
consists of an authorization file, a cost file, and an expenditure file.
a. The authorization file contains authorized ammunition line items, and quantities provided by
HQDA to MACOMs, and the MACOMs subauthorizations down to unit level.
b. The expenditure file shows ammunition used (expended) in training by unit, line item and
quantity, and by training event code.
c. The cost file contains the unit price of each line item, and type of ammunition authorized for
training in the fiscal year. The file is used in producing reports by dollar value.
3. TAMIS authorization reports will be provided at three levels.
a. Level I reports will combine the authorizations of the individual units under
brigade/battalions/separate company Unit Identification Code (UIC). The UICs are in groups for
management purposes of their next higher headquarters, i.e. Division/COSCOM/Army Command. This
is the level of command that reports directly to the MACOM.
b. Level II reports consolidate Level I reports into groupings that will permit MACOM
management of their next subordinate levels, i.e. Division/COSCOM, separate brigades under a
c. Level III reports consolidate all UIC's of MACOM into a DA level report.
4. Each report level will be provided monthly authorization reports which will reflect DODIC,
Nomenclature, Authorized Quantity, Remaining Quantity, Required Quantity, and Expended Value.
(See Figure 7 for an example of this report.)
5. Standard reports will be available by MACOM, and can provide information for management
purposes on each Level I unit assigned to the MACOM.
6. Training event and special reports by type ammunition and other parameters can be obtained as
required. Examples of such reports are: Quantity of Ammunition Expended by Training Event Codes
and Dollar Value Reports of Expenditures by Training Event Code.
7. At any time, if a MACOM or its Level I unit does not agree with the expended quantity in the
monthly report, they can request a TAMIS Reconciliation Report. (See Figure 8.) This report will show
each time ammunition was drawn from an Ammunition Supply Point (ASP). This is shown on a DA
Form 581 by document, UIC, Training Event Code, DODIC and Quantity. This information can be
cross referenced against the DA Form 581's which were approved by DAO or other similar command
8. The TAMIS system is dependent upon correct and timely input to the TAMIS data base at the
Department of the Army (DA). Information is provided from the MACOM's, and each Supply Support
Activity (SSA)/Ammunition Supply Point. Let's first look at the systems used by MACOM's, and these
subordinate commands to view and effect changes in the TAMIS data base.