The following items will test your grasp of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct answer
for each item. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows. If
you answered any item incorrectly, study again that part of the lesson which contains the portion involved.
1. What does the first line of an ammunition data sheet show?
The item's nomenclature.
A picture or drawing of the item.
The item's classification.
The use of the item.
2. Which of the following is classified as a placed munition?
An M42-series bomblet dropped by a 155-millimeter projectile.
An M14 antipersonnel mine.
A 2.75-inch rocket.
An M25-series hand grenade.
3. What is the DODIC for boxed M112 blocks?
4. How is the M56 mine dispensing system deployed?
By the M128 ground vehicle mine dispenser.
By artillery projectile.
By rotary-wing aircraft.
5. What is the major design difference between M718-series and M741-series projectiles?
C. M718-series projectiles deliver long-delay mines, and M741-series projectiles deliver short-delay
D. M718-series projectiles are tank-fired, and M741-series projectiles are howitzer-fired.
6. What is the size range for small arms ammunition?
A. From .22-caliber to 30-millimeter (including 5.56-millimeter through 7.62-millimeter and shotgun
B. From .22-caliber to 40-millimeter.
C. From .22-caliber to 20-millimeter.
D. From 5.56-millimeter to 7.62-millimeter.