The following items will test your grasp of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that
follows. If you answer any item incorrectly, study again that part of the lesson which contains the
Situation: You have been tasked with determining requirements for the storage of various types of
1. What type of storage magazine is the best and safest type of storage facility?
Primer or fuze magazine.
2. Which of the following is required to be installed on diesel and gasoline powered vehicles
operating closer than 25 feet to a structure or magazine?
Fire hazard marker.
Heat producing equipment.
3. As a minimum, how many feet wide must fire breaks be around aboveground magazines?
4. As a guide to firefighters, ammunition is divided into how many fire divisions?
5. When the average storage temperature is above 75 degrees Fahrenheit, how often should
stored commercial dynamite be turned?
Every 6 weeks.
Every 3 months.
Every 4 months.
Every 5 months.