e. If the receipt is being stored with an existing lot, the checker enters the receipt as a gain on the magazine
data card for that lot. If the receipt is a new lot, the checker prepares a new magazine data card (DA
Form 3020-R) for the lot. See Figure 9 for a sample DA Form 3020-R. Use the following column or block
instructions to complete the DA Form 3020-R:
(1) DODIC. Enter Department Of Defense Identification Code (DODIC).
(2) NSN. Enter National Stock Number.
(4) Location. Enter storage site or structure identity.
(5) Description. Enter nomenclature of item to include model number.
A thru E. Local use. (Such as grid, CIIC, QD, SCG, or color code the blocks to indicate unit, truck,
platoon, etc., for upload of UBL).
(6) Date. Enter the date in DD MM YY format that an activity occurs.
(7) Document Number. Enter document number causing the activity to take place.
(8) Action/Purpose. Reason for the activity. Entry should be short and informative, i.e., issued to
(organization), receipt from (organization), moved to or moved from another storage location,
inventory and type, adjustment, test (and organization), etc.
(9) Quantity. Exact quantity of the transaction in the appropriate block (A) Gain or (B) Loss.
(10) Balance. Add or subtract the quantity for that activity and enter the remainder into the balance
column. Verify that the quantity entered in the balance column agrees with what is actually on hand.
(11) Printed Name. Print first name, middle initial, and last name of individual performing the activity.
NOTES: Make all entries neat, legible, and with a ball point pen. Do not use felt tip pens or pencils. Make all
entries at the time of the activity. If MDCs deteriorate as a result of climatic conditions, or the actions of rodents
or insects, etc., place the forms in plastic envelopes (or a substitute) to prevent deterioration. The GSA catalog
contains items in the 7510 class that may be used for this purpose. An example is Envelope, transparent, NSN
7510-00-272-9804. This item is made of plastic, and has bound edges and metal eyelets for hanging.
f. Upon receipt of DA Form 3151-R from the storage section, the stock control clerk verifies the DODIC,
NSN, lot number, condition code, and quantity received between the DD Form 1348-1 and DA Form
3151-R. If there is a discrepancy on the actual amounts of ammunition received, an SF 364 (Report of
Discrepancy) must be prepared.
g. The quantities that are received are posted by DODIC and condition code to the lot locator or to serial
number record (if applicable), and the DODIC Master Record. See Figure 10, page 14 for sample DODIC