11. To maintain a continuously negative potential on the control
grid of a triode when the signal voltage is 14 volts peak to peak,
A 14-volt peak-
is one that varies
between the limits
of +7 volts and
12. The conventional symbol used to indicate the value of dc grid-
bias voltage is
13. In a grid family of static characteristic curves, the individual
curves indicate a constant value of
14. Figure 51 of TM 11-662 illustrates a static plate-current grid-
The word "static" indicates that the data
for the curve was obtained
by using a constant grid voltage.
without a load resistor in the plate circuit.
without changing any of the circuit parameters.
15. Plate-current saturation is the point at which all electrons
emitted by the cathode are attracted to the plate and the grid.
Further positive increases in grid voltage will not increase the
This condition can be avoided if the tube's emitter
made of tungsten.