1. A means of communication is a medium by which a message is conveyed from
one person or place to another. To communicate, there must be at least two
persons, a message, and a _____________________ .
(1. Answer: means (or medium))
2. The means of communication include radio of all types, wire lines,
messenger, couriers, trained animals, mail, and visual or sound devices.
Radio, wire, messenger, visual, and sound are means of ______________________________________ .
(2. Answer: communication)
3. Broadly speaking, all of the specific methods fall under either of two
categories of means, namely telecommunications and physical means. Any
transmission, emission or reception of signs, signals, writings, images and
sounds or information of any nature by means of wire, radio, visual or other
electromagnetic system is tele ________________________ . Obviously, the mail,
a messenger, a courier, or a trained animal (such as a pigeon) that delivers
a message is a p ________________________________ means.
(3. Answer: telecommunications, physical)
In this text we will discuss all of the telecommunication means, but of
the physical means we will discuss only the messenger. In tactical communi-
cations we are concerned primarily with ___________________________ as a physical