(20. Answer: misunderstood, interception, deception, confusion)
21. Flags can be used to transmit international Morse code characters and
other wigwag or semsphoric representations during daylight hours. Inter-
national Morse code can be transmitted in daytime by using ______________________ .
(21. Answer: flags)
22. Lights are used for signaling as prescribed by the commander or by the
unit's Communications-Electronics Operation Instructions (CEOI). You may use
flashlights, headlights, or practically any other kind of light-even infrared
devices-- for sending code or giving prearranged messages in a wide variety of
tactical operations. A nighttime means of transmitting Morse code message is _____
(22. Answer: lights)
23. Pyrotechnics contain chemicals that produce a smoke or a brilliant light
when burning. Good for identifying friendly units, controlling fire, marking
targets, and reporting locations, pyrotechnics come in various colors. Their
effective use calls for preplanning. Pyrotechnics can transmit certain ms-
cages speedily to large bodies of troops and to isolated units. Normally
the unit CEOI covers the meanings and uses of _____________________ signals.
(23. Answer: pyrotechnic)
24. Panels in bright fluorescent colors mark positions and identify units.
Black and white sets of panels, for use on light and dark backgrounds
respectively, enable you to send brief messages. The panel system and the