(2) Inspect paper guide for freedom of movement.
Replace the paper tray assembly as follows:
(1) Loosen two thumbscrews.
(2) Remove paper tray assembly from carriage frame assembly.
(3) Install new paper tray assembly.
Be sure that plastic window
fits into slot in carriage frame assembly.
(4) Tighten two thumbscrews.
(5) Check paper guide for freedom of movement.
4. Transducer and Stylus Pivot Assembly
The following instructions provide information for
inspection of the transducer and stylus pivot assembly:
The transducer assembly, including the stylus pivot
assembly, is cleaned as follows:
b. Stylus Pivot Assembly External Surface Cleaning.
surfaces of the stylus pivot assembly as follows:
(1) Set PUSH FOR ON power switch to OFF position.
(2) Slide carriage assembly and end-of-message assembly to center of
carriage frame assembly.
WHEN REMOVING THE CARRIAGE FRAME ASSEMBLY FROM THE
LDF, DO NOT PLACE ANY STRAIN ON THE FLEX CABLE OR
STEPPER MOTOR CABLE. DAMAGE TO CABLE OR CONNECTORS
(3) Unlatch carriage frame assembly and carefully place in front of
LDF (Figure 2).
(4) Gently flip stylus point and pivot assembly skid (Figure 3) with
fingertip several times to dislodge and loosen foreign matter in document
(5) Clean stylus and document pads with typewriter brush, NSN 7510-
(6) Install and latch carriage frame assembly in LDF.