c. Stylus Pivot Assembly Cleaning.
Clean the stylus pivot assembly
external and internal surfaces in a normal operational environment (no
blowing sand or dust) as follows:
(1) Set PUSH FOR ON power switch to OFF position.
(2) Slide carriage assembly and end-of-message assembly to center of
carriage frame assembly.
WHEN REMOVING THE CARRIAGE FRAME ASSEMBLY FROM THE
LDF, DO NOT PLACE ANY STRAIN ON THE FLEX CABLE OR
STEPPER MOTOR CABLE. DAMAGE TO CABLE OR CONNECTORS
(3) Unlatch carriage frame assembly and carefully place in front of
LDF (Figure 2).
BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN REMOVING STYLUS PIVOT
ASSEMBLY FROM TRANSDUCER MAGNET. THE STYLUS CARD IS
(4) Remove two screws securing stylus pivot assembly to transducer
magnet (Figure 3) and, pulling straight upward, remove plug P6 and stylus
pivot assembly from transducer magnet.
(5) Brush foreign matter from all surfaces of stylus pivot assembly,
(6) Install stylus pivot assembly on transducer magnet and connect
scan-optic cable plug P6 to connector J6. Press on stylus to ensure card
(7) Install and latch carriage frame assembly in LDF.
(8) Perform self-test procedure as described in TM 11-5815-615-23,
paragraph 2-3.1 or 2-3.2.
If test image copy is smeared or marred,
notify direct support maintenance to adjust or repair stylus pivot
assembly. (Refer to paragraph 4-15 of TM 11-5815-615-23.)