(1) Arrest-Release lever. Separates knives and bearings when the balance is not in use, when loading samples on the
pan and when dialing the larger weights (1kg and 100g decades). A pilot light inside the weighing chamber is on when
the beam is released.
(2) 1kg decade knob controls weights in steps of 1 kg up to 4 kg.
(3) 100g decade knob controls weights in steps of 100 g up to 900 g.
(4) 10g decade knob controls weights in steps of 10 g up to 90 g.
(5) 1g decade knob controls weights in steps of 1 g up to 9g.
(6) Standard weight knob. Applies or removes a 1 g standard weight to calibrate the on-scale range.
(7) Leveling screws. Adjust level of the balance when being installed or moved to a new location.
(8) Window lifts. To raise or lower access windows for removal or placing of samples on the weigh pan.
(9) Sample pan holds sample during measurement.
(10) Pan damper stops the swing of the pan when releasing the beam.