b. measuring process has to be repeated
c. balance shows the TI to be heavier than the display
d. measuring process is complete
12. The purpose of the knife edge balance points on mechanical balances is to
a. increase sensitivity and accuracy.
b. increase friction between moving parts.
c. decrease the sensitivity.
d. aid in the ease of manufacturing.
13. All equal arm balances should be leveled, mounted on solid surfaces and readings taken
a. with a magnifying glass.
b. when balance comes to a complete stop.
c. only in the morning hours.
d. with glass doors closed.
14. When using any double pan balance, how is the rest point found?
a. When the balance pointer comes to a complete stop
b. By recording the turning points of at least five oscillations and computing the rest
c. By recording the two extreme swings and using the average
d. Stamped on the nameplate by the manufacturer
15. Which is the least accurate method of mass measurement?
a. Double substitution
16. Which method of mass measurements is the fastest?
d. Double substitution
17. The _____________ method of mass measurement is the most accurate.
b. double substitution