3. MODEL RCS1-SP-ICE-POINT CALIBRATION STANDARD (See figure 14).
a. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION.
(1) Materials. Material shall be free from all defects and imperfections that might
affect the serviceability of the thermoelectric ice point.
(2) Reference well. The reference well has a minimum immersion depth of 150
millimeters, and an inside diameter of 10 millimeters. The reference well is metal
and not subject to corrosion.
(3) Well liner. The thermoelectric ice point has a corrosion resistant metal
reference well liner. The liner will provide a snug fit when inserted into the
reference well and has a minimum inside diameter of 8.5 millimeters. The well
liner is 6.25 inches in depth and closed at one end.
(4) Ice point indicator. The thermoelectric ice point has a pilot light for indicating
when the unit has reached the ice point and stabilized.
(5) Power input requirements. The unit operates on 115 volts, 60 cycle AC, single
phase and requires no more than 150 watts.
(6) Ice point control system. The unit has an automatic control system for
maintaining the ice point cell at 0,.
(7) Instrument housing. The unit has a metal housing with a carrying handle
mounted on top. The complete assembly is no more than 14.0 inches in height, 9.0
inches in width, and 13.0 inches in depth.
(8) Instrument weight. The complete unit has a maximum weight of 40 pounds.
b. PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS.
(1) Ice point stabilization time. The maximum time required for the ice point to
reach 0, Celcius, with a temperature probe inserted in the reference well, and
stabilize shall be 1.5 hours. The ice point is capable of stabilizing at 0, Celcius