MM3671, Lesson 1
Circle the letter of the correct answer to each question.
1. A Car Certificate is required when what class of hazardous materials is being shipped?
2. When are placards posted on a railcar that will be carrying hazardous material?
a. Before it is loaded.
b. As it is loaded.
c. After it is loaded.
3. Under what condition is a metal floor in a railcar acceptable?
a. The car is "broom clean."
b. The metal plates are not warped.
c. The metal floor is covered with wood or fiber.
d. There is no rust on the metal plates.
4. What warning signal is put out when people are working around a railcar loaded with Class A munitions?
a. A flashing red light.
b. Blue flags.
c. Red flags.
d. A flashing green light.
5. Who signs Car Certification No. 2 when the inspection has been completed on the loaded railcar?
b. A railway employee.
c. The shipper.
d. The receiver.