MM3686, Lesson 2
Circle the letter of the correct answer to each question.
1. You are inspecting a vessel being loaded with nitrocellulose that is wet with 20 percent water. How do you
classify this item?
2. You are inspecting a vessel being loaded with pyrotechnics. What is one of the special considerations when
Keep the material in the center of the ship.
Keep the material in plastic-lined containers.
Keep the material away from moisture.
Keep the material on deck.
maintained, use Figures 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3 to answer Questions 3 through 5.
3. Can blasting caps be stowed with Class II-F?
4. What is the DOT marking for separate loading projectiles filled with Explosive D?
5. What two items from Class XI-C and -D can be stowed together aboard a vessel?
Liquid oxygen and nitroglycerine liquid.
Pentane and monoethylaniline.
Recheck your answers to the Review Exercises. When you are satisfied that you have answered every
question to the best of your ability, check your answers against the Exercise Solutions. If you missed one or more
questions, you should retake the entire lesson, paying particular attention to the areas in which your answers were