CLEAR RANGE AND IMPACT AREAS
1. As the EOD supervisor of a detachment, you will plan and conduct range operations. The type of
operation will dictate how the unit will take part. Installation range clearances will normally be
handled by Range Control with EOD supporting their operation. An ASP clean-up operation would
normally be planned and conducted by EOD personnel with additional personnel supporting your
operation. We will look at the different types of range operations and the different areas that must
be considered when planning and conducting the operation.
2. Clearance of ranges and impact areas.
a. Items to consider in planning.
1. Determine and define areas to be cleared.
Prepare maps showing the areas for:
Staking parties (grids)
Command post location
Billeting and messing facilities
2. Research range records to determine quantity and type of ordnance in area.
3. Determine requirements in the following areas and requisition as required.
Personnel will be required to perform the following operations: