PLAN A SEARCH OPERATION FOR IED
1. Find person(s) who has requested the search or represents the agency requesting the search.
2. Get all available data on any bomb threats.
a. Was the threat received?
b. When was the threat received?
c. When is the bomb supposed to detonate?
d. Was a particular area or person threatened?
e. How was the threat received?
f. What were the exact words of the threat?
g. Has any responsibility for the threat been claimed or established?
h. What is the history of bomb threats at this facility?
3. Get all available data on the facility's bomb threat plan.
a. When planning has been done:
(1) Who is designated in the plan as being responsible for:
Authority to evacuate.
Searching the facility.
(2) Evaluate any available search plans to determine if they provide the following data:
Floor plan of the facility.
Location of key areas of the facility, for example:
Elevator control rooms
Telephone switchboard rooms
Receiving area for mail and other material