Practice Exercise #5
Your unit has been assigned the duty of breaching a minefield. The combat is not in your immediate
area and there is no great sense of urgency. The only equipment you have available is your EOD TOE
As the NCOIC of the team assigned the breaching operation, answer the following questions:
1. How many personnel will you need to operate an effective manual, deliberate minefield breaching
2. List the jobs of the personnel you selected for your breaching party.
3. Using the following sketch,
(1) Place an X where your team members will be located during the breaching operation and
number their positions (i.e., No. 1 man, No. 2 man, etc.).
(2) Mark the width of the sweeping route in meters.
(3) Mark the distance between the 2nd and 3rd and 4th persons.