MM4618, Lesson 2
Filling Out a DODIC Master Record
Complete blocks 1 through 3 (Figure 2-3) at the bottom of the form as follows:
1. DODIC-Enter the DODIC from block W of the DD Form 1348-1.
2. FSC/NSN-Enter the federal supply class from the FSC block at the top of the DD Form 1348-1.
3. DESCRIPTION-Enter the nomenclature and the description of the item from the Item Nomenclature block
of the DD Form 1348-1.
Complete blocks 4 through 7 (see Figure 2-3) at the top of the DODIC master record as follows:
4. DODIC MASTER/LOT LOCATOR RECORD-Draw a line through or block out the words "LOT LOCATOR"
in the form title.
5. CC-Enter the condition codes on hand in the DODIC from block P of the DD Form 1348-1.
6. BALANCE ON HAND/BALANCE BROUGHT FORWARD-Enter the total amount of the DODIC transferred
from the preceding DODIC master record. Make no entry or enter zeros when the record is established
for a new DODIC.
7. CC/BALANCE BROUGHT FORWARD-Enter the quantities in each condition code brought forward.
Make no entry when the record is established for a new DODIC. If more condition code columns are
required for a given DODIC, prepare additional cards and file the cards behind the original card in the
same file pocket. Make a notation in the Remarks section of the top card that more than one DODIC
master record is on file.
Figure 2-3. Entries for a DODIC Master Record.