MM4618, Lesson 2
Filling Out a Lot Locator Record
A DODIC lot locator record is required for each combination DODIC, NSN, lot number, and account-code
ammunition. If more than four condition codes and locations exist for a DODIC, NSN, lot number, and account
code, fill out additional lot locator cards.
Complete blocks 1 through 16 (Figure 2-4) at the bottom of the form as follows using information from the
DD Form 1348-1 and the DOD Consolidated Ammunition Catalog, Volumes 1, 2, and 3 (Army Master Data File):
Figure 2-4. Entries for a Lot Locator Record.
1. DODIC-Enter the DODIC from block W of the DD Form 1348-1.
2. FSC/NSN-Enter the national stock number from the Stock Number block at the top of the DD Form 1348-
3. DESCRIPTION-Enter the item nomenclature from the Item Nomenclature block of the DD Form 1348-1.
4. CC-Enter the condition codes in pencil from the Remarks block of the DD Form 1348-1.
5. LOT NO.-Enter the lot number from the Remarks block of the DD Form 1348-1.
6. REMARKS-Enter information that applies to the DODIC. Enter a storage site identification code in this
block if the supply support activity (SSA) is controlling stock for several storage sites. When ammunition
assets are identified by account-code with a DODIC, condition code, and lot number, enter the account
code in the lower left corner of the Remarks block.