MM4618, Lesson 4
- Office administering contract. Name, address, and zip code of the contract administration office.
(The contract administration services (CAS) that directed or arranged the shipment)
- Requisitioner's number. Enter the requisitioning activity's number from the shipping document. This
entry is mandatory in all instances.
- NSN/part number and nomenclature. Enter the NSN, part number, and nomenclature of items
missing or damaged.
- Unit of issue. Enter the unit of issue as billed or indicated on the shipping document for each item
listed in block 9a. (Not applicable to packaging discrepancies.)
- Quantity shipped or billed. Enter the quantity of the item shipped or billed. When discrepancy code
C1 applies, enter the quantity and the materiel condition code. (Not applicable to packaging
- Quantity received. Enter quantity of item received.
Block 10a - Discrepancy quantity. Enter the discrepant-quantity. If discrepancy code C1 applies, enter the
quantity and the materiel condition code. If the total quantity received is classified under more than
one condition code, enter separately each partial quantity so classified, followed by the applicable
condition code (e.g., 960A, 20F).
Block 10b - Discrepancy unit price. Enter the unit price as billed or shown on shipping document.
applicable to packaging discrepancies.)
Block 10c - Discrepancy total cost. For shipping-type (item) discrepancies, enter the total value of materiel (10a
x 10b). For packaging deficiencies, enter the cost of corrective action.
Block 10d - Discrepancy code. List the nature of the discrepancy by using the discrepancy codes listed on the
face of the form. If a condition exists that is not listed, use code 1Z and describe the discrepancy in
block 12, Remarks.
- Action code. Enter requested action codes by using the codes listed on the face of the form. If
action is other than that covered by the listed action codes, use code 1Z. Explain action requested
in block 12, Remarks. Do not use action codes 1D or 1F on reports prepared to cover shipments of
DOD stock funded items and from GSA. Materiel still required must be requisitioned. Action code
1E applies only to local purchase items.
- Remarks. Use supplemental data when the combination of discrepancy codes and action codes
need clarifying, when shipping-type (item) discrepancies and packaging discrepancies need
explanation, and when a breakout of cost to reports in terms of time and materials is required
- Funding and accounting data. For packaging discrepancies, enter the accounting or appropriation
data needed by the action activity to credit the account of the reporting activity for costs involved in
correcting the reported discrepancies (Not applicable to shipping-type discrepancies).
Block 14a - Typed or printed name, title and phone number of preparing official. Self explanatory. When non-
DOD action activities are involved, include both commercial and AUTOVON telephone numbers.
Block 14b - Signature. Self-explanatory.
- Distribution addresses for copies. Enter other addressees receiving copies of the report