(3) The straight line (Figure 9) is more readily employed whenever two roads are availableone at
the incoming end of the line and the other at the outgoing end of the line.
(4) A clear, legible line layout must be forwarded with each SOP that is submitted for review.
(5) Line layouts should show the structural material of the facility, fire protection, location of
dividing walls, operational shields, and permanently installed equipment.
(6) Operational shields must be detailed to show the type of material used, height, and thickness.
(7) Permanently installed equipment must be listed whether or not it is used on the specific
Figure 9. A straight-line layout, used when two roads are available