4. How should a workpiece be positioned?
a. In such a manner that you can work on the item comfortably, conveniently, and safely
b. So that a forklift truck or similar materials handling device can pick it up
c. In such a manner that you can see at least two sides of the item at once
d. So that the brightest available light can shine on it directly
5. Your supervisor has told you to check at the start of each work day the thermostat that controls the
heating system for the building that houses the shop. What would probably be the best temperature
a. Any above 50
c. About 70
b. About 60
d. About 80
6. Why are time and effort devoted to keeping a shop or work area clean and neat?
a. Commanding officers like everything spotless.
b. Doing so promotes health, safety, and efficiency.
c. Doing this keeps everybody occupied whenever work is slack.
d. Cleanliness and neatness provide a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
7. If you spray paint or operate gasoline engines inside a building, you must take the precaution of
a. air conditioning or air cooling.
b. evacuation of fumes.
8. The working end of a Phillips-type screwdriver is a tip shaped like this: