Throughout the procedure for closing the side panels, alinement
of the end panel doors with the corner posts must be maintained so that
doors and corner posts are always parallel.
(12) Retract the side panel sufficiently to permit attachment of
toggle clamps to the swivel hooks, and pull upper edge of side panel inward
with handles of toggle clamps. Do not attempt to close clamps at this time.
(13) Continue to retract side panel with ratchet wrench attached to
drive shaft mechanism until lower edge of panel is tight against edge of
hinged floor. Then close toggle clamps to pull the upper edge of the panel
tight against the edge of the hinged roof.
(14) Tramp heavily on hinged floor to relieve binding and to insure
full engagement of guide is in hinged roof and side panels.
(15) Stand on handle of drive shaft wrench (figure 1) to force side
panel into closer contact with hinged roof and floor edges and look drive
shaft mechanism with locking plunger (figure 10).
(16) Remove side lock rod (Item 7, Figure 10) from retaining clip.
Swing rod down to edge of side panel and engage end of rod with lock handle
assembly (item 5). Push handle closed and secure with chained pin (item 4)
at all four van corners.
(17) Install ladders at doors.
(18) Lower window blackout panels and open windows as desired.
c. Retracting van body.
(1) Close side doors and side panel windows.
(2) Remove ladders from doors.
Be sure all side panel windows are closed before retracting van
body. Windows cannot be closed when van body is in retracted position.
(3) Disengage side lock rods (items 4, 5, 6, 9, 10) at all four
corners from lock handle assemblies (4) and place rods (7) in retaining
(4) Withdraw end panel door guides (figure 12) at front and rear end
(5) Release and unhook toggle clamps from swivel hooks (figure 12).