a. When you are designated an authorized user of TAMIS, you are provided a publication entitled,
"User Instruction for Training Ammunition Management Information". This publication is provided by
the Office of The Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans (DCSOP's), DAMO-TRS, Pentagon,
Washington, DC 20310. The three computer disks contain TAMIS software. The software program can
be uploaded on any computer using MS-DOS operating system.
b. General Programing Subsystem (GPS) is the interactive language used to provide computer to
terminal operations. Computer Sciences Teleprocessing System (CSTS) is the software system used to
control interactive processing.
c. In order to use this system at the MACOM level or below, you must have the Training
Management Control System Computer (TMACS), or the IBM silent 700 computer.
d. Each MACOM is provided a TAMIS access code that enables the MACOM to enter the TAMIS
computer system, request reports and effect changes in subauthorization. MACOM echelon commands
are provided access codes that enable them to access the TAMIS computer and to request information,
but does not allow any changes other than the TAMIS training ammunition forecast report (DA 5514-R).
9. The TAMIS Training Ammunition Forecast Report (DA 5514-R), is an important part of the
logistical support system. (See Figure 9.) The report is prepared at unit level, and provides the
supporting SSA/ASP with a 12 month forecast by month of projected training ammunition usage. The
DA Form 5514-R is provided to each SSA/ASP certifying that the unit will draw Training Ammunition.
a. DA Form 5514-R will be prepared as follows:
(1) (CREATION DATE) Enter the date of report preparation.
(2) (UIC) Enter the name and Unit Identification Code of the unit completing this report.
(3) (THRU) Enter the address of the intermediate command, or the office through which the
report must go. The unit must ensure that one of these addressees is the responsible office for approving
ammunition requests, (Block 7a, DA Form 581).
(4) (SIGNATURE) Enter the signature of the Through Addressee.
(5) (TO) Enter the address of the command or office to which the report is made.
(6) (LOCATION) Enter the name of the installation where the reporting unit is stationed.
(7) F o r t h e c o lu mns d e s i g n a t e d 1 s t mo n t h r o u g h 1 2 t h mo n, e n t e r t h e t h r e e- c h a r a c t e r
a b b r e v i a t io n f o r t he n a m e s o f t he fir s t mo nt h t h r o ug h t h e t w e l f t h mo nt h, c o v e r e d b y t h e
r e p o r t . In t h e c o lu m n s u n d e r t h e s e b l o c k s , e n t e r t h e q u a n t it i e s by D O D I C a n d s u p p o r t i n g