ACCP SUBCOURSE NUMBER MM 0479
EXERCISES FOR LESSON 2
1. The process by which an unknown weight (mass) is compared with a calibrated weight (mass)
2. On the Voland J5000S balance the 1 kg decade knob controls weights in steps of
a. 1 kg up to 9 kg
b. 1 kg up to 4 kg
c. 100 g up to 900 g
d. 100 g up to 1 kg
3. A direct comparison between two weights cannot be readily made without introducing
significant errors because the
a. so-called "equal arms" are not actually equal.
b. pans are not the same size.
c. pan hangers are not the same length.
d. weights are not made of the same material.
Questions 4 thru 8 pertain to the Voland J5000S balance.
4. The single pan balance has a built-in__________________standard weight that is used for
a. 1.0 pound
b. 0.1 pound
c. 10 gram
d. 1.0 gram
5. The weigh-beam on the Voland J5000S is adjusted so that the output of the LVDT at balance
a. 100 mV 15 mV.
b. 75 mV 25 mV.