MM4618, Lesson 4
Action activities will, upon receipt of an SF 364, immediately investigate reported discrepancies and take
action to prevent their recurrence. All replies are made by completing the reverse side of SF 364 as follows:
- From. Enter the address of the activity preparing the reply.
- Distribution addresses for copies. Enter addressees to receive copies of the reply in addition to the
addressee listed in block 18.
- To. Enter the address of the activity indicated in block 4 on the front side of the form.
- Enter the action taken by responsible action office by placing an "X" in the appropriate box or boxes.
- Enter disposition instructions by placing an "X" in the appropriate box or boxes.
- Enter an "X" to show the reporting activity that a new requisition is required if the materiel is still
- Enter an "X" to show that a replacement shipment will be made and the approximate date of the
- Remarks. Enter any clarification or data necessary for a complete reply. Enter corrective action
taken to preclude future packaging discrepancies.
Block 24a - Typed or printed name and phone number of preparing official. Self-explanatory. When block 18 is
a non-DOD activity, include both commercial and AUTOVON telephone numbers.
Block 24b - Signature. Self-explanatory.
Block 24c - Date. Self-explanatory.
Mailing and Time Requirements
The envelope forwarding the SF 364 should be conspicuously marked "SF 364." The SF 364 must be
submitted by the receiving activity within 15 calendar days of receipt of the shipment
Circle the letter of the correct answer to each question.
1. (Refer to Figure 4-4.) What information is entered in block 9a of the SF 364?
a. Shipment, billing, and receipt data.
b. The report number.
c. The NSN or part number and the nomenclature of the item.
d. The total cost of the shortage.