(3) Connect the standard thermistor mount (AB) corresponding to the
frequency range of the TI to power meter (A5).
the valve indicated on the mount corresponding to the frequency selected in (2)
(5) Select the appropriate mount resistance switch setting and energize
the power meter.
(6) Allow sufficient time for the power meter to stabilize and then
perform the zero adjustment.
(8) Adjust the variable attenuator (B13) to
indication on the 1 milliwatt range of the power meter.
(9) Disconnect the mount from point A without disturbing the signal
source output level established in (8) above.
(10) Deenergize the power meter and disconnect the thermistor mount (A8).
The procedure just described has standardized the equipment setup for
calibration of the test item. Except for warmup period of the power
meter, each time power is applied to or taken away from the mounts,
wait approximately 3 minutes to allow the mounts to stabilize before
continuing the procedure.
(11) Connect the rest mount to the power meter and turn the calibration
factor percent control to 100.
stabilization, then perform the zero adjustment.
(14) Record the indication on the power meter as the mount calibration
(15) Disconnect the TI from Point A and deenergize the power meter.