(4. Answer: messenger)
5. The primary means used in tactical communications are R__________________,
W____________ , M____________ , V_____________ , and S____________.
(5. Answer: Radio, Wire, Messenger, Visual, Sound)
6. Radio end wire means may be classified together and called electrical/
electronic means. Communications using radio or wire, or a combination of
the two, is known as _________________________ / _________________________ means.
(6. Answer: electrical/electronics)
7. The primary means of communication used in the combat zone are
a. ____________________ / ____________________ , which includes _______________
and _________________ .
b. ____________________ .
c. ____________________ .
d. ____________________ .
(7. Answer: electrical/electronics, radio, wire, messengers, visual,
8. In tactical operation, no single means is beet for communicating under
all conditions or in all situations. Each means has its own capabilities and
limitations. If you are aware of the advantages and the disadvantages each
means typically offers, you will be better able to employ the means that will
be the most likely to get the message through, without compromising it to the
enemy, and in the least possible time. In other words, the means employed in